By now you know I am very obsessed with truffle, I just can’t get enough.
I was craving a fresh salad but wasn’t sure I wanted the usual go-to salads I always tend to have.
80% of the recipes that I come up with are usually with ingredients I already have in my pantry/refrigerator.
It’s only whenever I have a very specific recipe that I go out to the grocery store to get ingredients that I wouldn’t necessarily have. In this case, I had very few ingredients to work with but the results ended up being amazing.
What you need:
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups cooked and drained chickpea penne pasta (it can be any type of pasta that you prefer but I chose the healthier version)
- 3 Tbsp Goat cheese
- A few asparagus (5-6)
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- A bunch of chopped cilantro
- Optional: chicken breast (however much you’d like I only used 1 breast)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A pinch of brown sugar
- A pinch of dried oregano
- 1 tsp truffle oil
- A pinch of truffle salt
- Splash of lemon
What to do:
- Cook pasta following the box’s instructions and let cool
- Flash boil peas (boil water and boil them for a few seconds so they’re crunchy not soggy) and transfer to a ice bath
- Mix cool pasta with peas, arugula, goat cheese, chicken, cilantro, and the rest of the ingredients into a bowl
- Add dressing and toss one last time