I’ve been trying to keep my carbs low lately so I decided to make my “fried rice” with cauliflower instead of brown rice as per usual.
Yo, I know I always say this but this recipe is just so damn delicious and it’s so easy to make! That’s kind of my requirement for when I am recipe testing; if it’s easy, it’s going on the blog and it will become a regular recipe I’ll make for the fam very often.
What you need:
- 1 big head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sweet potato finely chopped into cubes
- 1.5 tbsp ghee
- 1 bag of frozen edamame
- 1.5 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
You can also buy already grated cauliflower rice at places like sprouts, trader joes, and whole foods. (Skip steps 1-2 if so)
What to do:
- With a cheese grater, grate cauliflower into small little rice-looking pellets. if you have a food processor you can just pulse until it resembles rice.
- Drain the cauliflower with a cheesecloth, hand towel, or squeezing with clean hands on the sink.
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add onion.
- Stir until onion is translucent and add garlic.
- Once you smell the garlic add sweet potatoes.
- Sweat them out and once they are a bit more tender add the mushrooms and edamame.
- add salt and pepper to taste and stir well until everything is well incorporated and sweet potatoes are well done. You can add an egg at this point but that’s optional. I wanted to keep mine vegan.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy.