By now you should know that I am obsessed with avocado + eggs for breakfast. Normally on toast, but to be honest it got really old at one point that I just needed a change. I also wanted to keep it low carb and you know, healthy.
If you’ve never had dehydrated tostadas you’re definitely missing out. I find them to be tastier than regular ones.
I don’t think I’ll be having any avocado + egg toast anytime soon. I found my new breakfast obsession and I’m sure you’ll be hooked too.
Now, I normally have my eggs runny whether it’s fried or poached. Since this is a tostada I recommend hard-boiling then instead so it doesn’t get soggy. I like mine medium well with a bright almost well-done yolk. (About 6-8 minutes)
*makes 2 tostadas
What you need:
- 2 dehydrated tostadas
- Two boiled eggs
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 lime
- Garlic powder
- Salt + pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
What to do:
- Boil eggs until desired doneness.
- Mash avocado with a fork.
- Add lime, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. (To taste)
- Spread avocado on tostada
- Slice eggs and set on top of avocado
- Finish off with red pepper flakes (optional)