I was craving decadent chocolate brownies the other day so I decided to make a healthier version.
They are packed with protein and are soy, dairy, and flour free.
What you need:
- 6 TBS coconut oil grass-fed
- ¾ cup 6 oz chocolate chips (I used dairy, nut, and soy free semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 TSP @foursigmatic Viking blend
- 1 TBSP flax seeds
- 1 TBSP chia seeds
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- coconu flakes to garnish (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips for batter (optional)
What to do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease a 8×8” pan and set aside.
In a small bowl, stir together sifted cocoa powder, maca root powder, viking blend, flax seeds, chia seeds, and salt. Set aside.
In a microwave-safe container or over the stovetop, melt butter (or coconut oil) and chocolate chips together and stir until smooth.
Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla to the bowl and mix.
Add butter/chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
Add dry mixture and beat until smooth.
Add ½ cup chocolate chips and stir by hand until they’re evenly distributed.
Pour batter into baking dish. Bake for 18-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes clean!
Let rest 10 minutes.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.