I’ve been craving sweets more than usual lately so last time I went to the grocery store @SimpleMills’ almond flour banana muffin mix came to my attention.
I must say I’m not a huge fan of boxed pastries because I like making everything from scratch (I just like to know exactly what goes in my food) but once I read the nutrition facts and saw they only use 7 simple ingredients and they’re all whole foos and organic high quality products I KNEW I had to try them.
These are the perfect little desserts and if you’re like me, the perfect snack too.
I honestly couldn’t believe they were paleo friendly, nut, soy, and dairy free because they are absolutely delicious and decadent.
I also bought some dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate chips, ground flax seeds, and chia seeds.
What you need:
- 1 Simple Mills’ almond flour banana muffin box
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1 cup of semi sweet dairy, nut, and soy free chocolate chips
- 1 scoop of @vitalproteins collagen peptides
- 1 tbsp of flax ground seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds (optional)
- Shredded coconut for garnish on top (optional)
What to do:
- Pre-hear oven at 350 F
- Following the box instructions, mix all the wet ingredients in with the box flour. (I did half coconut milk and half water instead of only using water)
- Add chocolate chips, flax seeds, and chia seeds and collagen peptides
- Top with coconut and bake for 20-25 minute until toothpick comes out clean