A lot of you asked for the full recipe of the vegan spaghetti w/bolognese sauce I made a few weeks ago. Here it is
- Pre-heat oven at 400 F degrees
- Cut squash in half and season with:
- dried oregano
- red crushed peppers
- olive oil
3. Roast for 40-45 min until soft to fork out the flesh. (You should be able to easily shred the flesh out. It’ll look like stringy spaghetti!) Set aside and make the sauce.
vegan bolognese sauce:
- 4 cups of finely chopped mushrooms
- 1.5 cups celery finely chopped
- 1.5 cups finely chopped carrots
- 2 garlic cloves.
- onion finely chopped
- red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- dried basil and thyme
- salt and pepper.
Sauté until everything has thicken and it forma a sauce-like consistency. Add mushrooms 10 min before desired consistency (they cook fast)🍄.
I added parmesan cheese at the end because I wanted that pasta flavor, but if you want to keep it strictly vegan you can use some nutritional yeast. 🍝
Also, I would’ve liked it to be a little more saucey so in the future I’d probably add more tomato sauce.