This might be my all-time favorite smoothie of all time. We all know how important it is for us to fuel our body with the right nutrients. After a workout, especially a strenuous one, we need to replenish all the lost energy & vitamins our body released. I usually add my protein powder (Vega One All-in-One Plant Based) to this recipe, but I had it plain with some water before my workout as my breakfast and pre-workout, so I didn’t feel like I needed to add it this time. Also, I like to mix and change up my recipes all the time. Sometimes I find myself short of ingredients so I adapt and tweak it to whatever it is I have handy.
Anyways, let’s get to the good stuff.
- 1 organic banana
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 2 cups spinach & baby chard (you can use whatever greens you like)
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 TBSP organic almond butter (or peanut butter, I just LOVE the taste of almond butter with this)
- a few stalks of celery (to taste)
- Protein powder of choice (optional)
- Optional: add your superfoods! I added spirulina, chlorella, matcha, and chia seeds. This is where you get creative.
BLEND AND ENJOY!!! Simple, fast, and delicious.
LikeLiked by 1 person