If you know me, you know that I don’t like to complicate myself in the kitchen. I like simple, easy, and healthy. I am more of a savory type of person when it comes to breakfast, but even I get my sweet tooth that these overnight oats really hit the spot. Last night I went to make myself a quick dinner and ended up making breakfast lol. I didn’t have berries, no bananas, and not much to work with (so feel free to change it up a bit if you find more ingredients in your kitchen… I obviously haven’t been grocery shopping recently).
Anyways, here’s the recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 3/4 rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 Tsp cinnamon (or your preference, I didn’t want it too sweet)
- 1/2 Tsp organic blue agave
- a few raisins
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds
- 1/4 red apple in small chunks
- Coconut milk (as much needed to cover the oats)
- Add the rolled oats first, in a mason jar if possible (or anything alike)
- Continue adding the rest of ingredients leaving the apples and milk last.
- Add milk until it barely covers the whole mixture, close the mason jar and shake until everything is well incorporated. Make sure you don’t top it off too much or you won’t be able to shake it well and add the apples.
- Add apples at the end, and let sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- ENJOY !!!
FOLLOW ME ON SNAPCHAT FOR MORE BTS!!